Claims Administration Assistant
Motor Insurers’ Bureau of Ireland have an opening for a Claims Administration Assistant. This is your opportunity to enter or continue your career in the fast-paced world of Insurance with an organisation that is unique in Ireland.
The MIBI is a not-for-profit Organisation established in 1955 by an Agreement between the Government and the companies underwriting motor insurance in Ireland for the purpose of compensating victims of road traffic accidents caused by uninsured and unidentified vehicles. All insurers underwriting motor insurance in Ireland are required to be members of the MIBI. The MIBI is funded entirely by motor insurance companies operating in Ireland and ultimately by premiums paid by all insured motorists.
The MIBI makes annual claims payments of approximately €60m to €70m per annum. Without the MIBI, thousands of innocent victims of accidents caused by uninsured drivers would go without compensation every year.
This is a permanent office-based position, Monday to Friday, 36 hours per week located in Dublin’s IFSC.
Responsibilities will include a variety of administration support functions within the Claims Department:
• Entering claim notifications on database
• Opening/sorting/scanning and categorising incoming post
• Dealing with communications from stakeholders including managing email inbox
• Liaising with insurance handling offices to resolve queries
• Processing Information Centre requests and responding to parties in a timely manner
• Assisting with other ad-hoc administrative requirements as needed
Qualifications/ Personal Attributes:
• Administrative/Office experience
• Insurance or Legal studies background is desirable
• Full familiarity with Microsoft Office & IT literate, proficiency in excel
• Ability to be accurate, organised, and have excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work well in a team and on your own initiative in a small busy environment
• Excellent numeric and analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Remuneration will be dependent upon individual experience.
What is the application process?
There are 3 stages in the process. You will be notified after each stage if you are successful to move to the next one.
1. Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Online aptitude test
3. Telephone conversation, after which you will be invited to participate in a Competency Based Interview
If you are successful. . .
You will be joining a progressive organisation with a dedicated team, offering a competitive compensation package and can avail of opportunities to develop your career. Rest assured, the MIBI is an equal opportunity employer. Check out our Diversity and Inclusion content at the MIBI.