Are you looking for a temporary role which will give you exposure to the world of insurance claims and perhaps underpin your studies? Motor Insurers’ Bureau of Ireland have an opening to cover maternity leave for a Claims Assistant.
The MIBI was established in 1955 by an Agreement between the Government and the companies underwriting motor insurance in Ireland for the purpose of compensating victims of road traffic accidents caused by uninsured and unidentified vehicles. MIBI has responsibilities as Green Card Bureau and under EU Motor Insurance Directives. All insurers underwriting motor insurance in Ireland are required to be members of the MIBI. The MIBI is funded entirely by motor insurance companies operating in Ireland and ultimately by premiums paid by all insured motorists. The MIBI makes annual claims payments of approximately €80m per annum.
This role is a specific purpose contract commencing in December 22 until July 2023 approximately. It involves a variety of operational support functions within the Claims Department including:
• Processing Information Centre requests and responding to parties in a timely manner
• Dealing with email communications from stakeholders
• Liaising with stakeholders to resolve queries
• Entering claim notifications on database
• Scanning claims documentation received
To be successful in the role you will need to have:
• Operations/Administration experience
• Legal studies background while not essential is desirable
• Full familiarity with Microsoft Office & IT literate, proficiency in excel
• The ability to be accurate, organised, and have excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work well in a team and on their own initiative in a small busy environment
• Excellent numeric and analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Remuneration will be dependent upon individual experience.
What is the application process?
There are 2 stages in the process. You will be notified after the first stage if you are successful to move to the next stage.
1. Submit your CV and covering email to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 18 November 2022.
2. Telephone conversation, after which you will be invited to participate in a Competency Based Interview.
If you are successful…
You will be joining a progressive organisation within a dedicated team. The MIBI is an equal opportunity employer. Check out our Diversity and Inclusion content on our website here: www.mibi.ie